About Me

My photo
I am retired from the Army. I enjoy meeting people, and having drinks with friends. I enjoy movies, and golfing. I have 5 cats, and I love to run and workout. I love my husband and two boys!

Thursday, January 2, 2014

A New Approach for a New Year


Blogging is not for everyone, and it appears not for me. It is hard for me to find the time to post on a regularly, so I am going to try planning my posts. For 2014, I have decided to dedicate three days of the month to blogging, 1st or 2nd, 15th and 30th. Hopefully, I will have something to say worth saying, it not, I will say it anyway.  I am going to plan more, so I can do some of the things I really enjoy..running, reading, and trying to blog!

This is off topic, but I wanted to write about it.

In 2013, I had too many of gadgets, apps and calendars (Filofax Personal, Erin Condren, Moleskin planners).  To get my day started I had to remember to bring my phone, iPod, ear  phones, iPad, Blackberry (work), attach my Fitbit or my body media to my clothing or on me. When I arrived to work, I had to plug in my iPhone, iPod, and iPad.  It was too much! To make matters worse, I was using several apps for my workouts and tracking food intake.  In addition, I was using a couple of productivity apps.

I am cutting back.  I have decided to stick with my Fitbit, and Nike+ for my physical activity.  I am going to use Evernote to manage my documents, and Nook and iBook  apps for my magazines and books.  I am using the Filofax A5 for my calendar. That is it.  As much as I like the Moleskin, and Erin Condren, I just cannot keep up with so many calendars.

I hope to have positive results to report on January 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment